Integrated system for detection, prevention, alerting and intervention in extreme risk events
Prof. Univ. Dr. HC Eng. Virgil STANCIU
Phone: 0745371855, Fax:0214115365, email: email@example.com
The project Integrated system for the detection, prevention, alert in crisis situations and interventions in extreme risk situations (SICERE) aims at a practical demonstration of the capability and efficiency of the integrated system for surveillance, detection, prevention, and alert that fructifies the advantages of using mini and micro UAVs. The purpose aimed at by the SICERE project is to create an active, efficient, reliable and inexpensive support system, intended for the management of crisis situations, both during and after the occurrence of the major risk event.
General objectives and estimated results
The scientific objectives are the following:
- Collecting and analyzing the actual requirements of the users and developing realistic operational scenarios and concepts of robust operations; defining a criteria set for evaluating the validation processes;
- Development of an basic aerial segment of mini aerial platforms, sensors and control station; analyzing the capability of the existing wireless systems for data link; the aerial system will be adjusted and redesigned so that it can fulfill the users’ requirements in crisis management;
- Development of the UAV cells in command and local control centers (C3L) based on video processing and systems’ analysis; studying informational architectures and dissemination strategies; the system will be personalized according to the crisis management authorities’ requirements and it will be interoperable with other surveillance systems;
- Developing and validating an integrated air- ground surveillance based on the aerial system and on the UAV cell incorporated in C3L;
- Evaluation of the technological evolution and of the limits imposed by the current regulations with regard to UAV operation in the civil aerial space; developing recommendations and relevant technologies (for example, mission planning and collisions’ avoidance sub-systems) for using UAV in SICERE applications;
- Validating the air-ground surveillance system in an operational scenario; tests and experiments in different configurations and accoutrements.
P1 – SEL – SC Seletron SRL – București, headquarters in Bucharest, Str. Grigore Ionescu Nr.98, Sector 2 , Postal code 023679. Responsible for the project: Dr. Eng. Arhip Janel, tel. 0213118833, Fax: 0213118833, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
P2 – PO – SC Prooptica SRL București, headquarters in Bucharest Str. Gh. Pătrașcu Nr. 67, Sector 3, Postal code 031593. Responsible for the project: Spulber Cătălin, tel. 0318058790, Fax: 0318058793, email address: email@example.com
P3 – SEEK – SC Seektron SRL Ploiești, headquarters in Ploiești, Șoseaua Vestului Nr. 33, Jud. Prahova, Postal code 100486. Responsible for the project: Melinte Toader, tel.0244567750, Fax: 0244567750, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
P4 – SRA – SC Sierra Modellsport SRL Botoșani, headquarters in Botosani, Str. 1 Decembrie nr.21, Postal code 710244. Responsible for the project: Malos Gavril, tel. 0231-533001 , Fax: 0231-533001, email address: email@example.com
P5 – USV – “Ștefan Cel Mare” University of Suceava, headquarters in Suceava, str. Universității, Nr. 13, jud. Suceava, Postal code 720229. Responsible for the project Prof. univ. dr. Gabriela PRELIPCEAN, tel. 0740-311292, Fax: 0230-520263, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
P6 – COM – S.C. COMFRAC R&D PROJECT EXPERT S.R.L., headquarters in Bucharest, str. DECEBAL, nr. 1, Postal code 30961. Responsible for the project: CS I Dr. Eng. GHEORGHIAN Sorin, tel. 0745147811, Fax: 021-3260642, email address: email@example.com
The National Center for Program Management (CNMP)
Financing contract no. 82-106/2008 with CNMP, in the PNIIC2 – Program 4 – Partnerships in foreground domains
Project time frame
Project length is 36 months, from the date when the contract was signed and the contract number was assigned by the National Center for Program Management – 01.10.2008. The complete execution date for the activities of the project, as object of the present partnership, is 30.09.2011.
Parties' activities & responsibilities
CO – UPB has as responsibilities both coordinating the overall activity as well as solving a number of scientific issues specific to the project: risk and threats assessment, workshop with the final users; elaborating the technical specifications based on the final users’ requirements; homologation of the SICERE system; widely dissemination.
P1 – SEL contributes with research capacities, electronic systems design, software design, production capacities, human resources; co-financing several activities, according to the accomplishment plan of the project; it ensures the technological transfer of the designed electronic modules to its production facilities.
P2- PO contributes with research capacities, optical-mechanical, electrical and electron-optical systems’ design, optical and photometric measurements laboratory, production capacities, co-financing several activities, according to the accomplishment plan of the project; it ensures the technological transfer of the integrated obtained product to its production unit; it coordinates and monitors the deployment of the phases and activities of the project.
P3 – SEEK supplies with research capacities, systems design, production capacities, and human resources; co-financing several activities, according to the accomplishment plan of the project; it ensures the technological transfer of the sub-systems.
P4 – SRA contributes with research capacities, design, modernizes aerial mini-platforms, human resources; co-financing several activities, according to the accomplishment plan of the project.
P5 – USV is responsible with carrying on studies and disseminating information: risk and threats assessment; elaborating the technical specifications based on the final users’ requirements; technical-economic analysis; feasibility study; widely dissemination.
P6 – COM contributes with research capacities, design, human resources; co-financing several activities, according to the accomplishment plan of the project.
Source of financing: State budget (through PNIIC2) + partners’ co-financing.
B – Amount requested from the state budget;
C – The amount representing co-financing;
All the amounts are in RON
Conferences, seminars, partners meetings.